Saturday, August 30, 2014

Something a little different.

I will break the silence of the Silent picture show for a moment to give a little background on the below image. This is one of many, many, many doodles that I have done over the years.

I have decided to show some of my doodles here along with the digital stuff I do on occasion. I'm not really much of a pencil and paper artist anymore, ( if really ever), and I don't really draw much these day; due to the onset of arthritis, and a lack of discernible talent, so these are all very old. VERY few people have ever seen any of  my drawings.

6 comments:

  1. That is very nice, a solid piece. The lines have great weight, I like the block shading where applied on the figure and the background and foreground to give it all depth. I used to like to draw a lot too, nothing to do with having any talent, but it was fun to escape into. I'd love to take up the pencil again myself, but life is distracting and it's hard to find time to focus on it. But I've found a good escape in recent years has been to revisit older drawings in photoshop or gimp, adding colour and basically turning them into digital pieces with effects. Thanks for sharing your picture, I would like to see more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do still doodle here and there but nothing real large or detailed mostly just when Im on hold on the phone or something like that. I just havent been real happy with the way anything turns out for the last few years, I dont seem to have as much control now that I have arthritis in my hands. I will eventually post more, Im glad you liked this one.

      Delete
  2. Yo!That's awesome art work bro!I love what you did with the moon and the outlines of the forest trees. I draw a little bit ,nothing like this though.That's talent Allen ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man! It means a lot to here that somebody thinks its good. I was told once when i was a teenager that I was hurting art not furthering it, I used to have dreams of working for Disney.

      Delete
  3. Really a awesome piece Allen you should be very proud of your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It really is just a doodle albeit a large time consuming doodle.

      Delete